Biogas "Explosion-Proof" Blowers
Bare Blower and Biogas Blower Systems
(Natural Gas, Methane Gas, and Specialty Gas Blowers)
- What is a Biogas Blower?
- A biogas blower is any blower that can be used to either "pull" or "push" biogas (or any other combustible gas, such as methane gas, or renewable natural gas, also commonly known as RNG) "from" somewhere and deliver it "to" somewhere else.
- BIOGAS & SPECIALTY GAS BLOWERS
Biogas Blowers, based on Positive Displacement Rotary Blower principle, have been specially developed for pumping and conveying bio gas. These biogas blowers are generally used in biogas lines to boost the gas pressures to meet the burner input demand. These biogas and specialty gas blowers are generally vertical in construction (i.e. the suction end is at the top and discharge is at the bottom) so as to prevent any accumulation of corrosive matter inside the casing. Since they operate in a closed- loop, suction and discharge silencers are generally not required. Special material of construction, lubrication and sealing arrangements make them an ideal choice for biogas applications.
Special blowers, capable of handling different gases, are also available. Material of construction and constructional details vary to meet different gas requirements. For inflammable and toxic gases, leak tightness is ensured. Basic designs are modified, depending upon the nature of gas to be handled and customer's requirement. Water jet injection cooling can also be provided to keep the gas temperature low.
Provision for a vacuum switch is provided at the inlet of the blower, so that in case the biogas generation falls below the pumping speed of the blower, the blower trips and this prevents vacuum overloading. Similarly provision for a pressure switch is provided on the discharge line to safeguard the blower against excessive discharge pressures.
Standard Design & Constructional Features:
- 100% oil free air delivery
- Factory Engineered, factory guaranteed, superior product
- Alloy steel hardened and ground timing gears
- Anti-friction bearings
- Rotary oil seals
- Rigid one piece CI casing and side plates
- Horizontal and Vertical configurations available
- Easy rotor timing setting
- No vanes, valves or rings to wear
- Large inlet and outlet connections for minimum loss
- Improved volumetric efficiency and reduced operating temperatures
- Alloy steel toughened shafts ground to close tolerances
Biogas Blowers are available in a variety of models, configurations, and sizes. The following is a brief summary of biogas flow and pressure parameters that our biogas, natural gas, and methane gas blowers can accomodate:
|From a 100-cfm to 4,000-cfm|
|From 0.5-psi(g) to 10-psi(g) and higher|
Performance Specifications - Biogas Blowers
For additional information, or to discuss your application and to request a proposal, you can email us your requirements at: Biogas Blower Inquiry